February 28, 2011

Oscars 2011: Favorite Red Carpet Stars & Style

It is always said that the Oscars is the grandest show and sure seem like it as the stars and their companions came out for a big bang! It seem like a New Year Eve's Party where you get all excited about it and by 12 midnight its over! The show itself was boring except for Anne Hathaway's costume changes and no surprises for the winners (Would have loved it if The Fighter had kidnapped The Kings Speech and locked it up a dungeon and snagged away the best Picture, but oh well)

Mila Kunis in Elie Saab Haute Couture collection 
Mila is becoming one of my new style crushes. She's all about accentuating the soft and feminine look without going overboard and her styling is always on point (from hair, makeup and jewelry). Looking forward to seeing her on red carpets more and more. 
Halle Berry in Marchesa
Sandra Bullock in Vera Wang
Michelle Williams in Chanel
Camila Alves in Kaufman Franco
Jennifer Hudson in Atelier Versace
 Natalie Portman in Rodarte
Jennifer Lawrence in Calvin Klein 
I'm always a fan of Calvin Klein - love the simple and classic silhouette. At first glance, I  thought this look was too safe for the Oscars but I've grown to like it.
Penelope Cruz in L'Wren Scott
I couldn't find a picture of her alone. Love the dress and her arm candy certainly compliments the look :-)
Celine Dion in Armani Privé  
Hilary Swank in Gucci
Hailee Steinfeld in Marchesa

Honorable Mentions:
Reese Witherspoon in Armani Prive (the hair is not doing it for me)

Gwenyth Paltrow in Calvin Klein 
No on the broach and the overall look is very space age for me. Also, the bottom of the dress gives off a wrinkled look which contracts the neatness of the top.
Nicole Kidman in Christian Dior Haute Couture
I'm in a love-hate relationship with this dress. Right now, I'm not liking it. 
Scarlett Johansson in Dolce & Gabbana
Just like Nicole's, I'm in a love-hate with this look. There are moments of redemption including her styling (hair and make-up -perfecto) but I'm on the fence.
Amy Adams in L'Wren Scott 
The necklace took away the glamour from the look for me. Just did not fit.
Mandy Moore in Monique lhuillier
I don't like her hair, jewelry and make-up. The dress- I can't tell if its "off shoulder" or "turtleneck"

No comments: